FAA Airport/Facility Directory
Important information for pilots
- Magnetic variation:
14 degrees East
- Hours of operation:
24. Tower = 0600 to 2245 LCL
- Length = 4,011 ft.
- Width = 75 ft.
- Primary surface = asphalt
- Lights = MIRL
- Displaced threshold = 1440 ft.
- Railroad line and fence north of airport
- Runway slope = 0.698% down
- VASI = GA - 3.25 degrees
- TCH = 26 feet
- Right traffic
- Length = 8,001 ft.
- Width = 150 ft.
- Primary surfaces = asphalt, concrete
- Lights = HIRL
- Displaced threshold = 1430 ft.
- Railroad line and fence north of airport.
Note: when the tower is closed, activate MALSR on 119.3.
- VASI = GA - 3.9 degrees
- TCH = 54 feet
- Right traffic
- Runway slope = 0.7% down
- PAPI = GA - 3.3 degrees
- TCH = 50 feet
- Tower = 119.3 (150 - 359 degrees and departing Rwy 16R/34L)
120.2 (360 - 149 degrees and departing Rwy 16L/34R)
119.0 - Helicopter operations
- Ground control = 121.7
- Clearance delivery = 126.6
- CTAF = 119.3.
Note: due to the high number of operations at VNY, pilots are strongly encouraged to use the CTAF procedures between the hours of 2245 and 0600 LCL.
- ATIS = 127.55, ph (818) 780-4993
- SOCAL APP/DEP CON = 124.6 (S between BUR 150 degrees and VNY 160 degrees), 134.2 (VNY 160 - 280 degrees), 120.4 (VNY 280 degrees - BUR 050 degrees), 135.05 (BUR 050 - 150 degrees).
ILS, VOR, VOR/DME, LDA, GPS RNAV
- Radio aids to navigation
- VOR/DME = (VNY), 113.1, Chan. 78, N34 34.41' W118 29.50'
010 - 030 degrees beyond 20 NM, below 6.700'
030 - 050 degrees beyond 25 NM, below 8,600'
330 - 350 degrees beyond 25 NM, below 5,500'
350 - 010 degrees beyond 15 NM, below 6,100'
094 - 096 degrees beyond 35 NM, below 5,000'
- ILS = 111.3, Rwy 16R. Unmonitored when tower closed
- LDA = 109.5
Preferred Helicopter Routes Map
- Request one of six VFR/SVFR fly friendly arrival/departure routes (Flood Basin is preferred for noise abatement).
- Departures climb to 1,300’ MSL prior to departing airport.
- Arrivals maintain 1,300’ MSL until reaching airport.
- Contact Airport Operations for VNY helicopter chart/preferred routes at
Click here for Noise Management and Curfew Regulations
Waste Oil Recycling
For the convenience of our tenants and pilots, we offer waste oil, fuel filter and sump gas recycling sites. These sites are located at the below listed locations (click here for map):
- MPG Aviation, Inc. ramp near the vehicle entrance
- TXL "B1" east of Helinet Aviation Services.
- TXL “B2” on the south side of temporary Prop Park East
- Attended continuously
- Closed to air carrier operations, airport not FAR part 139 certified.
- Turbulence may be encountered above blast fence, located 115 feet north of Rwy 16R and 185 feet west of 16R centerline.
- Birds on and in vicinity of airport.
- Left traffic for Rwy 16R when the tower is closed.
- No public ramp or terminal. Pilots must coordinate their operations with the FBO of their own choice.
- Aircraft Wash Rack available on the north side of TXL “B1”